The SWORD Course is a 5 module course that provides an introduction to SWORD, provides some background to how it can be used, how it works, and how to get started using it. Slides and a video are available for each presentation.
The course was first taught at the Open Repositories 2010 conference in Madrid.
- An Introduction to SWORD: Gives an overview of SWORD, the rationale behind its creation, and details of the first three funded SWORD projects (Slides | Video)
- SWORD Use Cases: Provides an introduction to use cases, and examines some of the use cases that SWORD can be used for (Slides | Video)
- How SWORD Works: A high level overview of the SWORD protocol, lightly touching on a few technical details in order to explain how it works (Slides | Video)
- SWORD Clients: The reasons for needing SWORD clients are shown, followed by a tour of some of the current SWORD clients (Slides | Video)
- Create Your Own SWORD Client: An overview of the EasyDeposit SWORD client creation toolkit, including the chance to try it out (Slides | Video)
3 replies on “The SWORD Course”
where I can discover a tutorial step by step to configure the forms you want to create
[…] insight into what the technology is and what it can be used for. In short, this is what the “Sword Course” will teach […]
[…] preparation for an upcoming project, I’m going through the SWORD course, which consists of five modules. Below are the video and slides for the first module. […]